Followers

Thursday, March 2, 2023

Houdini Was At It Again

Still melting....in the high 30s today.







After chores I did some work on the computer, putting together a set list that I have been working on for our gig at the Sweden Rec Center.  After that I drove to the library for an afternoon of bridge.  Even tho I am a sub, I play almost every Thursday....love it.

Things were quiet when I got home.  Gary has been reading a book they gave him about hip replacements.  It won't be long now.
Put together a vegetarian pasta salad for dinner before going out for evening chores.


Can you see that Seamus pony without his blanket?  Somehow he got it off again!  I believe that one of the horses (who shall remain nameless) pulls on the front of it and the velcro lets go.  But how in the heck does he wiggle out of the belly band and the leg straps?  Unbelievable.
Janet found it out in the pasture and it was soaked from being on the ground.  Tonight he is sporting his very old sheet.



Gary grilled out some Zweigle white hots (no nitrates) and we had a very simple dinner.
Night all.

 

2 comments:

Nancy J said...

Dinner looks so yummy!! Seamus, how on earth does he get his coat right off?He needs a straight jacket type.

Val Ewing said...

What if he just didn't wear a blanket? He seems to have quite a nice winter coat under that blanket.
:)
He sure is an adorable pony, he reminds me of our Lil' Richard who used to be a master at getting loose and going to the neighbor's place a mile away. He would stand in front of her barn and wait for grain and a stall to eat it in. Then we'd drive up and get him and bring him home.
He hasn't done that since I'm the one who cares for him now...LOL!