Followers

Saturday, May 7, 2022

What a Long Day

So windy this morning!




The roofers got here bright and early but they could only get the wooden pieces on the roof as it was way too windy to mess with the metal.


At 10 I went down to the Rec Center to check out the Town Wide Garage Sale.
The Seniors had so many tables of stuff I could not believe it.
Can you see what was done on the roof today?







I met Doug down at the library at 1 so we could make sure they were leaving enough space for us to set up all our stuff for tonight's fundraiser.

We were back there at 5.




The doors opened at 7 and by then we had been playing some of our old stuff and did some sound checks.

They had all kinds of wine and cheese pairings along with dessert.







They did a great job setting up the space with soft chairs and coffee tables.  Very comfortable for the audience.
A lot of people knew our 50s songs and sang along.  


Gary and Sue Savard even got up and danced!



The auction and raffle went well and everything was finished by a little after 9:30.
A good time and a terrific space to play in.
Night all.  I'm so tired.

2 comments:

Nancy J said...

Another wonderful day, even if so busy. The library looks like a great venue for an auction, nibbles, lots of food to sample, maybe some fluid too, and music for entertainment.Then along came more to the roof. Guess you collapsed into bed. XXX

Sandra said...

I sure wish I lived in your community!. I see the wood slats on the roof. I have no doubt you were exhausted by the end of the day.