Followers

Wednesday, May 25, 2022

A Quiet Day

Let me say right upfront....what has happened in Texas is enough to keep me in tears all day.  I watched the news conference with the Governor and can't believe that he will not address the inappropriateness of having weapons made for war being legal in the hands of people who are not even old enough to buy a beer in his state.  I'm very sure that he will still go to the NRA Convention being held there and I can't imagine what he will say.....well, yes I do.  It's all about mental health.   I would encourage everyone to use their words to let our politicians know how we feel.  America....we are now known for guns and violence.  I hope those blocking better gun laws are proud of themselves.


Now for the rest of my day.



















Night all.




5 comments:

Sandra said...

Lori, when nothing changed after Sandy Hook it became apparent nothing is going to change. I first saw America Is A Gun several years ago. America is still a gun. I'm sick and I'm disgusted and I don't know what to do. The rest of your day looks peaceful.

Nancy J said...

grief, unbearable, unimaginable grief, so many families torn to shreds in those few minutes. Tears down here too. Countdown getting closer.XXX flying north.

Val Ewing said...

My thought.
Texas is going to ban 850 books because they MAY make school children feel uncomfortable. Yet they just loosened their gun laws.

Food for thought.

Anonymous said...

I get madder every time I watch the news. How did they not stop this gunman! I am thankful every day to live in a state much more in line with my thinking….we aren’t banning books foolishly, denying access to reproductive rights, and at least we have good police tactics all over.
All this better not be forgotten when voting this year and every year. I have a right to live freely and not be gunned down by an assault rifle so that’s my reply to these who spew out 2nd amendment right. Kathy

Lori Skoog said...

Yep, the more I watch the news the more I'm learning about what really happened in Texas. I can cry at the drop of a hat, thinking that there are idiots out there who prefer allowing AR15s to be sold (they need to be banned) more than they want to protect our children. Our country is going down the toilet and if some changes are not made this time, we are in big trouble. More and more people are going public with some strong statements and I hope it has an impact when it is time to vote.