Followers

Friday, May 13, 2022

Ariana's Birthday!

 Hopefully Ariana and her friends in Las Vegas are celebrating her birthday today.

She and her sister spent many weeks here during their summer vacations.  Especially when they were little.  Ariana was all for hanging with the horses and was on all of them at one time or another.
She loved Randy's horse.....Joe.
After graduating from Boise State
she got a teaching job in a Public Charter School in LV and is so loved by her students.
If you have been reading my posts, you have been following her around for the past 15 years.  She is one special person and it would not surprise me to see her on a Ted Talk" one of these days.
Gary hired a local landscape architect to put in a garden full of native plants in front of our house, where there used to be hundreds of day lilies and weeds that kept trying to pop through.  It's on a slant and is too steep to mow.  Anyway, around 8am three young men arrived to start the job.







It's going to take a major effort for Gary to get things cleaned up all the way to the house.
At 3pm I had an appointment to get an echocardiogram.  It was not my favorite activity of the day and I am hoping for a good outcome.  I have had one thing after another since November and this was out of the blue... Really getting tired of this Doctor stuff.  Next on the agenda is a heart monitor, that I will pick up on Monday.  Guess that's what happens when you are almost 79.
I'm doing evening chores a little later and have decided to leave the boys in their stalls for now.  When I tried leaving them out last night they just wanted to go in.

This morning The Rebel was standing right next to Seamus.  They can touch each other now.



Didn't take a lot of photos today.  Dinner was the same as last night's.
Night all.








3 comments:

Sandra said...

No one would ever guess you are almost 79, I'm in awe of you both. The landscape project looks kind of big. It's a good thing someone else is doing it. We know how horses are. They don't like their boat rocked. They do depend on one another, those two, it's a good bond.

Nancy J said...

!!! 79, you do so much every day, let that monitor record the day's work your heart does, they are a bit uncomfortable, but better to see what it shows.And if you have been a bit tired lately, that might be why.

Jo said...

Wow Lori, I never knew you were 79. You and Gary work so hard on the farm and are involved in the community. Obviously that's what keeps you young. I can remember Ariana in years gone by. Happy birthday to her. You and I have been blogger friends since 2008. I always love strolling through your peaceful farm. Have a wonderful day. Jo