Followers

Thursday, May 5, 2022

Rhubarb Betty

A gorgeous day....sunny and in the high 50s.









The roofers got here by 8:30....I thought they would get a lot done today.





After an hour and a half they disappeared with their boss.  That did not make me happy.
Since I was near the rhubarb I decided to pick a small batch.



I was not in the mood to make a pie, so instead.....Rhubarb Betty.


At 1 I was down at the Seymour Library for bridge.  They had this poster at the entrance.
Only a couple more days until our gig.
Home by 4 and took it easy before evening chores.





Fortunately I had leftovers....sloppy Joes.
Made some coleslaw...
and roasted potatoes.
Very satisfying and easy.
The Rhubarb Betty was delicious!!!!
Night all.

2 comments:

Nancy J said...

The Fifties!! Wide skirts, rock and roll, jiving, and that song I remember so well, The one eyed... purple people eater!!!Where did the roofers go" Years ago we had our home built, way back in the 1974 or so, and every so often the builder and his crew would vanish for 1 to 2 weeks.In the end I contacted the head of the Franchise, and complained. That worked!!! Hope they return pronto.

Sandra said...

You gave me a good idea when my rhubarb comes up. That 50s bash sounds like a lot of fun. I had a poodle skirt. Do you remember the slip that had something like an inner tube at the bottom? That fad didn't last long for obvious reasons!