Followers

Sunday, June 27, 2010

SUNDAY STILLS CHALLENGE - HISTORY

Above is a photo of the Erie Canal....built way over 100 years ago and full of local history. (Louise suggested that I add this to my post after I put it up).
Things that are 60 and older.......that would be me .....

Above is our house....it was built in 1853.


Except for our indoor, our barns were built over 100 years ago.


Below is a Carriage House that sits behind the Morgan Manning House (historical society).
Here is the Morgan Manning House.

This entire street is full of buildings that are part of a historical registry.


This building (my dentist's office) is in Batavia, New York.


Below is a shot of the Riga Academy...

This beautiful home is out on a country road not far from us.

Below is a shop in Medina, New York.

This is one of the homes on Park Avenue in Brockport.
All of the buildings in these photographs are well over 100 years old. I must have hundreds of examples.


To see more pictures that have to do with history, click on my sidebar.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are surrounded by history, how lovely. :)

Sue Pea said...

I love when you post pictures of your neighborhood, Lori! I went to college in Buffalo but haven't been back up to that neck of the woods since then. I do have a fondness for upstate NY but haven't made it further than Albany in a long time.

Tammy Vasa said...

What fascinating architecture (sp). Thanks for sharing. And for sharing your home. Its very lovely.

Louise said...

Beautiful and appropriate. But, you needed a picture of the canal to finish it off.

thecrazysheeplady said...

I knew you'd come up with good shots :-).

Regular Guy said...

Very nice photos, I like the old houses and buildings. Nice portrait of you too.

flowerweaver said...

You certainly have some wonderful historic architecture around you. I like that they are still used, and not in ruins like where I live. I also loved seeing your photo! Comparing ages with all your subjects, you are but a youth!

Unknown said...

Some lovely photoes, as always, Lori. But the best, is of course, the one that finally shows us what YOU look like. A real pleasure meeting you at last.
Regards to Gari,
Mike and Ann.

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

You do a good job as a History guide of your place. I always marvel at the History that some of you have.

Brenda said...

great collection. I love the barn, the carriage house, and the shop, and... you did a fantastic job! I really do appreciate the architecture of the old buildings.

Shirley said...

Some fabulous old buildings,but I particularly like your barn. And how nice to see you!