Followers

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

NICE AND EASY...

No! This is not what we had for breakfast...my friend Kendra mailed it to me. It is a gorgeous platter that one of my blog readers designed after visiting the Culinary Institute. Because she knows I love to post photos of food, this is totally appropriate! Thanks DR! It's fab (as Helen would say).
What a weird day. It poured. The sun came out. It poured. The sun came out.
Opened doors, closed doors....rain blowing into the indoor....
The ponies were happy to hang out with me.
Until the sun came out.
Around lunch time I went out to the barn during a downpour and got soaked. Put on a robe, ate lunch and was ready to go back to bed! Didn't sleep, but I vegged for awhile. Tried to do a little weeding and picked some spinach for Jenny.

Went out to do chores after I started dinner....that way we could eat when I got back in the house.
Baked (marinated) chicken breasts topped with honey mustard and peach jam...lots of onions. Baked sweet potatoes and a spinach salad....surprise!


Finn had a T-ball game tonight and we were going to have birthday cake at Jenny's when it was over. We had our third rain of the day.
I got an ice cream cake from Abbotts. Just one big candle.
It was lit several times so everyone could get blowing it out....out of their systems.
When we walked out the door around 8:40, the sky was amazing. I took all my shots for Skywatch Friday!
To the west the sky was bright...to the southeast it was gray and stormy looking.
Fortunately Barb put the horses in for me. Thanks!

How's that for short and sweet! Quite a contrast from yesterday's post.
Night all.

2 comments:

Ingrid de Villiers said...

Lori, what a lovely and healthy gift! the dinner you made looks delicious too!
Hmm....lovely birthday cake!
Ixx

San said...

That on-again, off-again sun/pouring apparently makes for a gorgeous sky at the end of the day.

That cake doesn't look bad either. YUM.