Followers

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

MIDNIGHT RIDE!

I put the horses in for the night and when I got in the house headed for the couch. Around 11:30, called the airline to see if Ariana's plane was still coming in at 1:35am. Nope...they were making up a lot of time and were getting in at 12:50. Yikes!!! We still had to drive to Buffalo!!!
Got on the thruway.....

And before I knew it we were at the exit for the airport.
We drove up to the terminal and I waited in the car while Gary went in to look for Ariana.
It was so quiet, they let me stay parked for at least 20 minutes....
I was half asleep when Ariana opened the car door. She was all perky and said they flew through two big patches of lightening....the last one near Chicago.
Just when we got close to home, the lights started flashing for an uncoming train. Fortunately it was a very short wait. An awful lot of trains go through Bergen every day.

Home around 2:20 and did not get to be until it was almost 3am!

1 comment:

Val Ewing said...

How wonderful, thanks for the update!