Followers

Monday, June 14, 2010

SO MY LITTLE SONY CAMERA FELL OUT OF MY POCKET INTO SOME WATER!

PART ONE.....

Some foggy shots I forgot to post yesterday morning....






The bright spot in the day....the lillies.


This morning I did chores and on the way into the house I dropped my camera into some water...grabbed it quickly and dried it off...even used the hair dryer. At any rate, no pictures.


PART TWO....

Took a quick shower and Gary and I headed down to Nativity Church...we needed to be there by 9:20 as the chorus was singing at the funeral of Nan Hoy (one of our members).
The church was full of friends and family...we sang "Why We Sing" and I could hardly get through it. Music brings about so much emotion.
Our Director pulled us all together with a short rehearsal before the service started.

We were invited to a luncheon across the street at the Morgan Manning House. At 12:45 Gary dropped me off at the Senior Center as I had to present a request for the funds to pay the Chorus Director. Managed to hitch a ride home, so he did not have to come back to town.



PART THREE....

When I got home, changed my clothes, grabbed the dogs and went out to do a couple of errands.

On my way home I passed by a series of homes that are typical of those found in our village.












PART FOUR....

Then I stopped at Country Max to pick up some seeds for beets. Gary did not plant any and they are one of my favorites.
The place has enormous number of shrubs and plants....blossoms everywhere.

Dogs are allowed in the store as long as they are on a leash. Gucci and Phoebe were model and got plenty of attention.
The sky was beautiful....not like this morning.



PART FIVE....

Got home around 4:30 and crashed before going out to do chores.

Below you can see a bird sitting on Pony's back.
I got everything set up in the barn and whistled for the horses.
They were ready to eat.

Gary is all set to roll the south side of the indoor tomorrow.



PART SIX....

Picked some new flowers for the kitchen table.
Dinner? Grilled cheese and tomato sandwiches, pasta salad, pickles and veggie chips.
All done....hope my camera works tomorrow. I hate taking my good one out to the barn.
Night all.

9 comments:

Cheryl Ann said...

One afternoon I dropped my little Nikon COOLPIX camera! I grabbed my purse out of the car and it fell out onto the cement driveway! ACK! I dearly LOVED that little camera and I've posted some of its photos. I was devastated. The lens wouldn't come out all the way and it made a grinding noise. Hubby bought me another one, a little red one, but it just isn't the same. This was an older model...I left it alone for about 6 months, took it out one day, and VIOLA! It is working! Now I carry them both in my purse for my "impromptu" shots! But, I love the older model! Maybe, yes, if you let it dry out? Please let us know. I understand how much these "older" cameras mean to us. Hubby has an older Kodak pocket camera and he just slips it in his pocket and it takes beautiful photos! Kodak doesn't even make that model any longer. He takes it everywhere he goes!

Cheryl Ann said...

Oops! I forgot to mention that I LOVE the photos you posted. Pretty houses! We are in St. George, Utah, and there are some fine old houses here. I'd like to get some photos of them while we are here.

Val Ewing said...

Wow what a busy life you have...love all the photos!

I think I would love your village it is so beautiful!

Gayle said...

So sorry about your friend's passing.

I love the houses in your area. They have so much character.

Anonymous said...

We often have the birds on horseback as well - usually cowbirds. One year we even had cattle egrets following the horses!

Hope the camera is OK - if you don't try to use it until everything is completely dry, it might be OK.

Louise said...

Those homes have so much character, and history. Not like the cookie cutter homes of today.

I hope your camera is OK. They can sometimes survive much more than we think they can.

Good luck on the vote today. I, for one, hope that all of that history isn't wiped out because a few people think that they can save a few dollars.

Stephanie - Siouxzeegirl Designs said...

Sorry about your dropping you little Sony!! I have a little Sony and dropped it last year. Luckily I was able to send it to Sony and get it fixed.

I Love the pictures of the homes! So beautiful and full of character.

Unknown said...

Those pictures of the houses in your area remind me very much of the ones in Sweden up near Nea. We shall be going up there in a few weeks time.
Cheers, Mike.

elvira pajarola said...

Lori....but with which camera did you these FANTASTIC PICS of the HORSES in the fog????.......ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS...the mystic peaceful scenes.........!!!!!!!!!

....(we put the hay dry and safe under the roof!!!!!!)

have a happy week!!!!!
ciao ciao elvira