Followers

Saturday, March 6, 2010

A PONY KIND OF DAY...

Time to get up!

Another beautiful day....

Let the dogs out...



and this is how it looked to the east.










Fed the dogs, fed the cat, checked my email and went out to the barn a little after 7:30. By then the sky was bright blue.

Good morning everyone!

Me too!

Gar helped me with chores and we were done before 9. Record breaking!

It was barely 20 last night and the water trough was frozen again. Fortunately I was able to unplug it by 9.

By early afternoon the solar heat was doing it's number and I took off the horse's blankets.

It puts them in a roll and sleep mode.

Dream is getting closer and closer to the other horses every day.





I did a little shoveling around the path to the indoor and the crew went in immediately.









Pony waited for the rest of them to get out before she would enter.




The afternoon was spent out back.









Seeing that I was feeling very ambitious, I went up to the loft and moved around some hay. Then I swept every corner until it was spotless.

Check out the way the sun was shining in...



Don't you just love old barns?


After 5:30 I went out to do chores.

The temperature was going down quickly....



After I tucked the ponies in, I put on their sheets instead of the heavy blankets. We should have a series of days near 45. Barb, does Dream have a sheet? She has on one of mine for now.

The pups were ready to go in the house...

muddy feet and all.


Dinner was totally weird. One of my blogging friends posted a recipe for pork chops in a BBQ sauce with fresh pineapple so I gave it a try. Gary wanted white pasta and we had leftover bean salad. A weird combination...tasted ok tho.

Now it's time to get under the covers. Night all.

6 comments:

Callie Brady said...

Loved the photos! And, yes, I sure do love old barns. Especially that one.

Anonymous said...

Love the sun shining into the barn - the sun is starting to really warm up - now if all the snow and ice would melt so we could have nice (kidding!) mud! Horses all look happy and healthy.

Achieve1dream said...

I LOVE that first picture!!!! So awesome!

Anonymous said...

Hey, that doesn't look bad at all! Looks like something I would eat :) Your pups are too cute!

thecrazysheeplady said...

Love the bay horse IMG 32.

Maery Rose said...

Beautiful sunrise photos and love the light coming into the barn. You are ambitious. Wondering what you did with the hay you swept up. Lovely classical music playing, with flute solo no less.