Followers

Sunday, March 7, 2010

PONIES PART 2

Just how many mornings in a row are going to look like this?

There are no new words to describe the sky.

Wham! Bam! Chores were done by 8:50.

A little chilly, so the sheets had to stay on the ponies until things warmed up.

Keeping track of these two girls is a pain in the butt. After the horses go out, I lock them in the barn until I am finished.



Around 1 I went out to take off the sheets.

They were all out in the big pasture pawing for grass.









I whistled and they all came into the front paddock so I would not have to walk so far to put their "jackets" by their stalls.

















At 2 we had some visitors. Barb and Tina came to groom Dream....Karen and the girls also came out and helped me groom.






Karen brought her dog (Yonder) along and he really got a workout. When they arrived, Gucci and Phoebe were screaming brats!

We finally got back into the house and I made a huge bowl of popcorn, which we devoured with a side of fresh pineapple...what a great combination....



When Gary got home from a walk out at Hamlin Beach, I made him a batch of popcorn (as it looked so good). Giant bowl number two and the girls ate every last kernel.

Yonder assisted with any that fell on the floor.

Gucci never stopped trying to get attention.


I went out to do chores a little before six. Put the horses in first and got them set up with their sheets...the barn feels pretty chilly at night. It was a little over 40 degrees today.

Gave them their grain and went back in the house for dinner.

What was it? Minestrone soup and hot dogs...no pictures (use you imagination). Now I am going to crawl in bed and watch the Academy Awards. Night all.

5 comments:

Esther Garvi said...

Beautiful skies! Beautiful horses and people!

Makes me miss home... :-)

Ann On and On... said...

Another lovely day on the farm. Thanks for sharing your photos.

allhorsestuff said...

YUMMY... looking over here with the header and the sherbet skies!
Kac

Callie Brady said...

I love visiting your horses. Great photos!

Unknown said...

Beautiful horses pictures.
It's still chilly here too though we are ready for spring.