Followers

Monday, March 29, 2010

ROUND TWO IN THE BARN....

I was out in the barn doing chores when Randy arrived to help me put up a wall between two stalls. We mapped out a plan and he got right to work.
Within 2 hours, it was just about finished.
Too big of a job for me by myself. Randy brought his own tools and knew exactly what to do.

It ended up looking like this and I am very happy with the way it turned out. Pony has a cozy stall that is 11.5 x 14 and this one is 11.5 x 17.
By the time I finished cleaning stalls and setting up hay and water for evening chores, it was after 12:00. Two days in a row doing a lot of extra work.
It sprinkled for awhile, but it never really rained hard. Put the ponies in the back pasture as it was higher and dryer.


The pups did not get as muddy as usual.
Gar had a great fire going, and at 2 pm we had a 2 1/2 hour meeting here at the farm.
I invited Randy and Arlene to dinner, as it was the least I could do for all the time he spent helping me this morning.

Went out to do chores at 6:15. PC was rushing me, as usual.
They were all waiting for me to get the lead out.
Got them tucked in by 6:40 and went back to the house.
The Yucca plant near the paddock is waking up.
So far, I really like my new (used) car. The PT Cruiser will be missed tho....it had real character.
Set the table.
Got my salad makings together.
Thawed out some raspberries.
Sliced up some crusty French bread....
Put together my salad...
And the main dish was a whole grain pasta with our homemade sauce. Yum. I was so hungry for this....we all were.
We played Sequence and much to our surprise!!!!! Arlene and I were the winners.
Dessert? Plain yogurt with raspberries topped with granola.

I was too busy to take a lot of photos today. Maybe tomorrow I will get back in my groove.
Night all.

6 comments:

CoyoteFe said...

OK - it is 11:00, I have been answering emails, and have not eaten. Stop making me hungry!

Like your new car. Those PT Cruisers DO have character, but I think your new one will corner better. Looks like a horsewoman's car too!

BIG fan of yuccas!

allhorsestuff said...

Hi Lori...nice stalls..I just love bigger stalls!
Hope your'e groove was improved by that nice meal!Man I am hungry now!
KK

Gayle said...

So nice that you had some help with the wall. How is Gary's foot healing? Somewhere I missed what was actually wrong.....I hope it isn't too serious.

rebecca said...

I think if I were to live one of your days, I'd be dead by dusk. My gosh, where do you get the energy?!! God bless you.

Jill said...

Love PC's nose shot!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

I must have missed why you're on your own with the work around the house and barn now. I hope Gary's ok.
The dinner and dessert looked great. How nice that you get to have guests over so often for wonderful evenings together.
Some day when my kids are grown maybe my hubby and I will do that, too.
At this point in our lives summer bbqs seem to work better :)

~Lisa