Followers

Thursday, December 3, 2009

LET'S SEE, WHAT DID I DO TODAY???

Got up before 7...not a very exciting morning.

As per usual, we got a ton of rain and the outdoor arena is looking more like a lake.

The sun was trying to get through the clouds, but it just didn't work very well today.

This dead tree in the back pasture offers some great subject matter.

Check out the mud and goop. I don't know if I am slowing down or what, but I can't seem to get out of the barn 'til about 9:40. It was 54 when I went out, so I took off the horses sheets.

51 when I finished.

It was relatively quiet until 11:30 when the temperature dropped 10 degrees, the wind got stronger and it started to rain. Gary was out working on the roof over the back stall of the horse barn. He started around 10 and didn't let the rain stop him.

Around 1:30 I drove down to Jen's to let her dogs out. Phoebe and Gucci went along to get in some play time.

Buster won't leave Gucci alone.

Late afternoon the sky lightened up a bit and I walked across the street to get some eggs.

This is looking back at our house.

Vegged in front of the fire 'til chore time and realized that it was dark and Gary was still out on that roof.

He shingled about half of it and then covered it with a tarp.



The inside of my old barn is pretty primitive, but the stalls are great and comfy for the horses.
The beams are trees that still have bark on them (and it's over 100 years old).

Here's my rose shot for the day. They have been hanging in there since Thanksgiving.

Dinner was pasta with our vegetarian sauce (from the garden), a salad and some bread Gary got at a bakery in Jamestown....Red peppers and Basil.

This weather does not do a thing for my state of mind. When it's so yucky my boots almost get sucked off and the sun is hiding, my energy level sinks. Maybe a nice hot shower will do the trick. Night all.

3 comments:

Virginia said...

What a lovely day we had with you. Your life is so different from mine, and I so enjoy my visits here. Thank you for stopping by my blog as well. And...the music is divine..............ahhhhh. Merci beaucoup mon amie.
V

Gayle said...

Isn't it crazy how weather affects our moods and energy levels. We are into many hours of darkness now. Electric bills are high just to keep sane. I am thinking I would rather have my dry snow and cold than your wet and cool. Looks really miserable.

Anonymous said...

It's nice that you live in a place with so much history.

I agree about the mud - it's very wearing! As the days get shorter and colder, I start going to sleep in the evening at an earlier time and getting up even earlier - I get a lot done in the early mornings, but I'm useless in the evening.