Followers

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

ALMOST NAP TIME....

We woke up to our second snow. Pretty amazing considering we are approaching mid December.

It was very wet and heavy.

The weather man said it could reach the high 40s today (and it did).

Gary helped me with chores, so I could get to chorus by 10.

Most of the horses enjoy rolling in the snow. They'll like it better when it is not so frozen underneath.



Gucci went out to the barn and Phoebe stayed in...so when I got back to the house she got off her throne and decided to join us outside.

She must have picked up a scent.

Gucci was hunting chipmunks....





After our regular rehearsal, the chorus performed at the Senior Center to a pretty packed house.





When we finished, we had lunch and went up to the Royal Gardens for our second gig of the day.

They had two beautiful Christmas trees.



The woman in the center is our Director, Mary Ellen Geise. She is a miracle worker.





I was so tired by 2:30, all I wanted to do was take a nap.

Unfortunately, it started to pour....all the snow melted, and when we got back to the farm I changed my clothes and put the horses in.

Gary started a fire and I started making vegetarian chili for dinner.

Finished chores at 5, came in to eat and hope to get in some couch time. I really want to stay awake though, to watch "The Closer" (one of my favorite shows on tv). Over and out.
Night all.

Chili, corn bread and salad. Yum...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummy looking food! We were spared the rain but now we've got extreme cold, hoping for a warmup tomorrow.

Lisa & Gerald said...

Beautiful winter wonderland..It's getting colder here.. we have a dusting of snow too..Beautiful photo's and supper looks so yummy...Stay warm...

Anonymous said...

Horses look so pretty in their winter attire. :)

thecrazysheeplady said...

Your blog just wears me out...and then you come in after fitting two or three days work into one day and make these lovely dinners...and I just want to cry. ;-)

Maery Rose said...

Too bad about the rain. I hope it doesn't freeze. I hate when that happens - worry about the horses slipping and falling (and me too). Your singing group looks like so much fun. I'm having a good time rehearsing with our church group but I wish they did what you do and went around to senior centers and hospitals rather than just singing at church. I know my Mom loved visiting musicians when they came to the nursing home.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

MMmmmmmm, makes me chili hungry! I fixed red beans and rice with a side salad and cornbread last night. I'm still pondering tonight's meal.

Have a terrifically blessed day!!!

Grey Horse Matters said...

The chili looks delicious. Love a dog on a mission, hope Gucci didn't catch anything though.

We had about 5-6 inches really wet snow. But the winds were very strong and howling. Today it was not too bad at all. Guess winter's settling in.