Followers

Saturday, December 12, 2009

A HEAT WAVE!!!!

The removal of wind is enough to make a person, her ponies and pups very happy.

By the time I got out to the barn, the sun was shining and it was clear as a bell.

Put the hay in the pasture and went in to help Gar clean stalls.

Gucci was running around like a maniac....

When all was finished, I went over to the other barn to organize the grooming room. I expected to see snow on the floor, but the wind was coming from the other direction and it was spared.

In the spring, this place needs a real paint job!

I need some of those racks that I saw over at Grey Horse Matters for these pads...for now, I put them on blanket hangers. This batch needs to be washed. Sunshine makes me so much more ambitious.

The horses were much happier out in the sun regardless of the temperature. It went up to about 32 or 33 today.

Took my hay cube and beet pulp buckets in the house for a good washing.

Gucci lasted outside for over 2 hours....

While the Queen relaxed....

Jenny came up and we made meatballs for a party she is attending tonight.

At 3:30 we went down to the village for an open house. We all brought items for the food shelf...I chose baby food and cereal. The usual holiday fare was served...

Beautifully presented and delicious.









We were home before 5 and drove by the start of a beautiful sunset.





When we arrived, Trina and Justine were out doing chores. It was nice to have a break.

Got in the house and built up the fire...It's not even 6pm and I have on my PJs.

Not making dinner tonight...whatever we can dig up will be it.

Night all.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

The barn looks very nice, clean and orderly.

Anonymous said...

Sunshine and less wind do make everything better!

diane b said...

The snow looks beautiful when the sun is shining. The food looks delicious. You are so funny...a heatwave when it reaches freezing point. I'm with Queen, snuggle up inside.

Lorac said...

It's incredible how much better we feel with a bit of sunshine. Sounds like a great day!

Lisa & Gerald said...

thats no fair you have snow on the ground..Im so upset..I want some snow..When we do get a dusting of snow its gone by 9am.. not fair .. lol

Gayle said...

Glad you had some sun to perk you up, and a free night to put on the jammies early. Sounds like it was a perfect day!

RoeH said...

There's nothing like cozy warm flannely pj's in the winter. Yesterday I didn't go anywhere and stayed in them all day.

allhorsestuff said...

Glad you got the break! Nice to see and feel the sun again huh! Gucci made me crack up with the tail a flyin' out behind as she ran around!!! HAHA!
Yea, I get the cleanup itch when the light becomes brighter.

I do love your festive header!
Be well and see ya around!
KK

Frank said...

Ah, shrimp. Heavenly shrimp!!

Your farm looked perfect in the sunlight and the wild maniacal Gucci was too fun in the snow. Beutiful sunsets!!

Isn't PhotoShop fun?