Followers

Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Accountability Would Be Nice

It was another beautiful day.



I did chores and by 10 am was on my way for another visit with my Doctor.
I passed by this property that has the most beautiful native plants garden.
My blood pressure is down and they added a second prescription to protect my kidney (I was born with only one).  I did not even know that until I was in my 50s and by then I had been dumped off horses more than once.  After that, I made sure I did not do anything stupid when I was riding.
Home in time for Gary to grab the car so he could go out to lunch with his pals.

The clematis plants have been blooming quite a bit lately.



This afternoon I mowed the lawn and it's the perfect time to take photos from a different perspective.


Rebel and Buddy were dining on the clover in the outdoor arena.



Gary did his favorite job (not)....hand mowing and weed whacking.
I made a zucchini onion pie for dinner....

and just when I was ready to put it in the oven, Finn and Coop arrived to move some hay for me.
I appreciate them so much...and Gary is very happy not to be doing it.  I think he is horsed out.

I had cleaned out the hay storage stalls and am getting reorganized.
I also tried a new salad.  The dressing is made with Greek yogurt and 3 tablespoons of cider vinegar and included salt, pepper, fresh dill, red onions and avocado.  It's a keeper.


Yesterday I bought more milk, forgetting that I already had gotten some a couple days before....so I used a lot of it up to make rice pudding for dessert.  Very simple and so good.
Little Wonder liked it.
Chores at 8.






Now I am listening to the news and could not be more pleased that Donald Trump just might have to take responsibility for his outrageous actions.  He has gotten away with too much for too long.  The people who still support him must not have a clue as to what he has done....on the other hand, they must think it's ok.  I doubt if he and his buds are going to sleep well tonight.  It amazes me that they think they could totally change our country and are still trying.  He is running for President to try and get out of the trouble he is in....  If you support him, I would love to hear your reasons.  This is beyond being political.  The whole situation is so insane it is difficult for me to keep my mouth shut.  The state of our country is not good for any of us.
Night all.

 

2 comments:

Sandra said...

It's a good thing to have strong young men to help out! I've reached a point of numbness. I wish I could really believe 45 will pay for his crimes, but the system is corrupt. We are, imo, tipping into totalitarianism. There are many states already there. Climate change has me down as well. We are beyond the tipping point and....what? Most of the world is ignoring it, not least of all us. Sorry for Debby Downer.

Val Ewing said...

I can't help but think about the fact that history is being made daily with the Ex president who has been twice impeached, 3 times indicted.
I wonder what is the draw of an angry man who uses hate speech and still finds people to support him?
I wonder why he still walks free while you and I would already be sitting in jail for these charged crimes?

Then I realize the unfairness of the rich vs poor or common person.

Climate change has me cringing for my grand children. The news in certain states has me vowing to never visit them.
It certainly has been a new-sy week.