Followers

Sunday, August 27, 2023

What A Birthday!!!

Cool and partly sunny.  Up early so I could do chores and squeeze in a shower.  

Gary loaded up the car with all my equipment and we were down at the Farm Market by 8:45.
It took us a good hour to set up. Tom does most of the work with all the cables and we would be lost without him.
The Market is now on Main Street....a much better venue for the vendors and musicians.
We were ready to start at 10.
Jenny and Gary were there the whole time and she took tons of photos and videos.

A couple of years ago the village installed a kayak launch and we modified "Bamboo" for the Mayor (who is paddling in this video).  Such fun!

In the middle of our set, everything stopped and Nancy invited everyone at the Market to sing Happy Birthday to me!  Made me cry, it was so sweet.

On a side note....one of our pals came up to us after they sang to me and said "this is my first time to participate in a flash mob!"  



Jenny took 20 clips of songs, but I won't make you suffer through all of them.
Not only did Lori Staubitz bring me flowers last night....she brought along the best birthday cake I've ever had today.  After we were finished, we indulged!  Peaches and whipped cream....
OFF THE CHARTS!!!!!


How very thoughtful.  Thank you Lori, Nancy, Tom and Greg for the best birthday I could have asked for.
After we had our dessert first....Gary took Jenny and me out to lunch.
Needless to say, when we got home I plunked myself down and took it easy.  No cooking tonight.
Buddy's Mom, Carol....stopped up with her new puppy....Rose
and dropped off a 5 pound bag of carrots.
Just before chore time, my friend Donna stopped in with a plate full of cookies.  She has done this almost every August 27th for over 40 years!  How's that for being a good pal?




Gorgeous moon by the time the boys were tucked in.



Night all.

PS
A gazillion thanks to everyone who made this day so special!!!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great birthday! Thanks for sharing.
Marcy in California

Nancy J said...

Happy Birthday Lori, what a grand event, and a birthday song just for you.I hope you did enjoy the whole day, and now, another year older, can relax and enjoy that yummy cake.Love and all my best wishes for a happy, loving and loved , wonderful year ahead.XXX Jean .

Val Ewing said...

Happy Birthday to you! What a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

Lori- happy birthday to a feisty and very young looking and acting 80 year old! What a fun celebration on Main Street in Brockport. Kathy

thecrazysheeplady said...

What a great day! So glad you had a happy birthday :-D. There may be an email floating around in cyberspace :-/.

Sandra said...

To have good pals you need to be a good pal! This looks like an fantastic day and celebration.