Followers

Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Not A Very Good Day

First of all, after I posted in my Journal last night I caught a great shot of the moon.  That was good.

This morning I had to have Seymour to the Animal Hospital for surgery on his ear.  He has had several tumors that are cancerous and I have been cleaning his ear once or twice every single day as he would scratch them and they would bleed.  I finally bit the bullet and once I found out he could have surgery went for it.  The Vet said it would be 2 or 3 hundred bucks!  Well it was twice as much.  Anyway, I went out to finish morning chores when I got back to the farm and discovered this.  That was when the bad part of my day really got going.


Six sections of the fence in the back pasture were ripped out by this ginormous piece of farm equipment that was working in the fields around us.  It was being disced and it was a huge tractor with at least a 30 or 40 foot spread in the back.  BAM!!!!
It was open to the horses and they could have gotten out.
The Farmer who owns and works the property was responsible for cleaning up the mess, knowing that it was not something Gary and I could do.  It was an accident and the young girl driving the tractor felt terrible.  



I closed off the pasture and they put up a temporary fence with metal posts and wires.
In the meantime, I was having a

practice in the Studio at 12:30.  We had been off for two weeks and it felt good.  My trusty Little Wonder joined us.


We were a little shakey as we worked on some new songs.  We have chords and lyrics and have to make up our harmonies, so it takes awhile to get there.  This is day 1.




While we were finishing up, Gary came in and said "look out back."  Eric, his brother and sister were out there replacing the posts and boards that were knocked down!!!!!  I was shocked and pleased.  Made sure I spoke to him and Hanna (the girl driving the rig) and thanked them for doing such an amazing job in a short time.  It made my day.

Scott stopped by for a few minutes.  He is always bailing us out for something and today it was a deflated front tire on the John Deere.  Man, do we ever appreciate all that he does for us.
Gary had picked up the cat while we finished our practice.  He was starving and I had to take the cone off his head so he could eat and drink something.  Do you think I could get it back on?  He got it off three times in a row and I gave up.  He's an in and out cat and has never lived in the house full time.  I was a basket case trying to make sure he left his ear alone. I will put the drops in his ears and give him meds for 4 days, but have no idea how I can contain him.  So frustrating.

We were invited to a party at the Kutz home, celebrating the engagement  of their daughter, Celia. I was having such a hard time with Seymour, Gary went over by himself and ended up coming back for me.



What a perfect setting.
I did not feel very well so we went home a little early.  By chore time I was ok.  Who knows.  I started a new BP med today and between that, the fence and the cat my capacity was reached.





Going to bed early.
Night all.



 

3 comments:

Terra said...

You live in an idyllic place, all that green grass and friendly neighbors, and I am glad your horses did not do a runner when the fence was broken. I hope your kitty heals ok.

Nancy J said...

One hiccup is enough, more than that is way too much to deal with in one day.Hope you feel a heap better tomorrow.

Sandra said...

I'd say it was a terrible day. I'm happy to see your neighbor did the right thing and set to fixing the damage. I'm also glad you got to the party, even for a little while. Your meds need to stop messing with you.