Followers

Saturday, August 26, 2023

A. Fink's BBQ

It was a gorgeous day....until around 8pm when it started pouring.




After chores I mowed the lawn...it took almost 3 hours.
Then, Little Wonder and I went down to Country Max for shavings, grain and fly spray.

On the way home I decided to stop and check out some veggies for sale down the road.
Am I ever glad I stopped there. Fresh eggs, nectarines, peaches, potatoes and some peppers for 10 cents apiece as they needed to be used right away.  All this for  $7.80 and none of the fruit or veggies have been sprayed.  Definately my go to place from now until it snows.
This afternoon Little Wonder and I took it easy before it was time to do chores and then go down to the Finks for Andrew's annual Dinosaur BBQ for about 40+ people.









I created a basket for Jenny with today's bounty.
Chores a little early.




Just before we left....Lori S. (from our band) stopped over with the most gorgeous bouquet of flowers for my 80th birthday (which is tomorrow).  Since we will be providing the music at the Farm Market, she brought them today.  Gorgeous!!!!!

We arrived at the party around 7.



And chowed....
Scott was already there when we arrived, and Jenny was late as she had just come back from Cortland.  Finn moved into an off campus house and she wanted to make sure everything was set before she left.

Should be quite a change after living on campus for two years.
Meanwhile back at the party....









Great food and so many familiar faces.  Thank you Andrew!
We all had to move into the garage when a monsoon showed up.
Night all.

 

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Happy Birthday! You are the youngest 80 yr old I know! The party looks like it was a really good time. LW is way too adorable.

Val Ewing said...

Ohhhh! Wow!
Happy Birthday late!