Followers

Saturday, August 5, 2023

Out of Gas

Perfect day.  Sunny.  Not too humid.

This morning I was out in the barn before 7 as I wanted to be back in the house before our guest came down for breakfast.  Nice and cool.




I fed, turned out and cleaned one of the stalls before I went in.  Lisa was up and already on her computer.  I made her a smoothie and she was off to the Renaissance Equestrian Center to start teaching at 8:30.  Those who have participated in her clinics in the past love have the opportunity to work with her again.  I really appreciate the way she communicates.
After Lisa left, I went back out and finished cleaning the stalls

and started mowing.  Was out there until 12:15....when I ran out of gas with about 2 minutes to go.



Below is the big pasture before.



and here it is after.  The boys have their golf course back.
Mowing once a month seems to be working well.
I did not sleep all that well last night and attempted to catch some zs this afternoon....with my buddy.
Jenny stopped up for some flowers.  We certainly have an abundance!

Gary picked these for our kitchen table.

You can hardly see the back yard now....the flowers and tomatoes plants are so huge.

Lately, the railing on the front porch is usually covered with the ponies fly masks.  Yesterday I found three that were lost in one of the pastures.
Dinner was simple.  Burgers on hot dog buns, homefries and some fresh pineapple.  How's that for a weird combination?
Tucked in the ponies at 8.  They were not too happy as the neighbors were setting off fire crackers again.



Night all.

 

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Your place is absolutely gorgeous. I'm sure your guest loves staying with you.