Followers

Tuesday, August 29, 2023

The Raspberries Are Coming On Strong

We are still in the 70s enjoying the cooler weather.  I feel guilty, when so many of my blogging pals have not had enough rain and too much heat.

After chores Little Wonder and I went over to pick some raspberries.


That inspired me to make a pie....
I did not use a recipe (of course) and started by cooking down what I had picked with a few frozen blueberries, sugar and some cornstarch.
When I baked the pie crust it all sank down....but that's ok.
Then, I put in some nectarines and 
topped it off.
We needed a spag fix, so I threw a couple bags of our frozen sauce from last year into a crock pot and let it cook down all afternoon.  No meat.



Chores at 7:45









It was pretty dark when I got back in the house, but wanted to grab a couple of shots on the back porch.
Lots of tomatoes.

The kitchen garden is totally out of control.




Night all.

 

3 comments:

Nancy J said...

Your gardens are beautiful, the white edging just right to show off those colours.

Val Ewing said...

Your gardens look amazing! Good rainfall helps with that!

I'm resigned to let mine start to fade now as we rush towards September. The flowers are setting up seeds for me to collect for next year.

Yum on the raspberries and the pie! Delicious!

Sandra said...

I absolutely adore those flower beds! Don't feel guilty, enjoy the good weather you have had. That is one good looking pie.