Followers

Thursday, August 10, 2023

Big Mike and the Motivators

Another busy day.








After chores I didn't do much and at 1 was at the library playing bridge.  Usually we have two tables and today we had three.  My partner and I came in dead last.
Shortly after getting home Little Wonder and I drove Gary down to the Welcome Center to meet the band playing at Summer Serenades tonight.

I was back at the farm until around 6:30 when I went down to listen to Mike and the Motivators.  They are different from the other bands and it was hard to sit still to their songs.  At 4 it was raining and we didn't know if they would be able to play outside.  Fortunately it cleared up.


So many of my pals were there...Bobby, Lori (from our band)
Hanny, Karla, Bud


Andrea and Skip....
Margay and Ulpi.


I had to join Jackie and Roseanne as I needed to dance with them.  It was so nice to see Karla....more chemo coming up next week.

Hanny and I switched photographer duties.

Scott and Gary were up on the sidewalk.



Nancy and Tom (from our band) were there too.  They knew the bass player.


Could not have asked for better weather.  A fun night.
Home in time to tuck the boys in.

Tomorrow I am going to have to search for a couple of masks.

Night all.

 

2 comments:

Sandra said...

I love that music! I did a brief dance last evening to a Van Morrison song. It was not a pretty sight! I saw someone was missing his mask, he shall go unnamed.

Nancy J said...

Grand entertainment, and to be outside with such a great setting, no wonder it is so popular.Those masks need a locator beacon on them !!!