Followers

Friday, August 25, 2023

Bring On The Tomatoes

It rained most of last night and was spritzy and foggy this morning.




A very lazy day.  My friend Doug came over at 2 and gave me another lesson on my bass baritone ukulele.  Trying to work harder on my hand position as it is so different from my other uke.  After he left I made some sloppy Joes and a corn salad for dinner.

We sliced open our first tomato and are still getting lots of the cherries.  When Gary went out to look for any San Marzanos that were ready, some fell on the ground as they were so heavy. They need a few more days.

Chores at 7:30 now.  It was so damp and buggy.








Cooper is very busy with all kinds of activities at UB and Finn is leaving for Cortland tomorrow morning.  Jenny's house is going to be so quiet!
Here they are after dropping Coop off in his dorm yesterday.

Night all.

 

3 comments:

Val Ewing said...

Awww, things do get quiet when the kids go off to school or on their own!

Sandra said...

It's going to feel lonely for awhile. You have had weather I want! I'm tomatoed out!

Jo said...

Hi Lori, Cooper's parents look like his siblings. They will have a quiet nest now. I love visiting your farm. When I still had a husband and lived in Africa, I used to plan to come over to visit you when I retired. Instead, I am a working widow but happy with it Have a great day. Jo