Followers

Thursday, August 24, 2023

THE SWOONERS - Five Stars!

A busy day from beginning to end.

Morning chores.
Lab tests at 11:45.
Bridge at 1.
Wegmans at 3:45.
Evening chores early.

Summer Serenades - 6:30.  It was raining so we were inside.

I got there just as Gary was introducing the band.....The Swooners.
I have wanted to get this band here for the past few years as they (according to me) are the best in the area.  The leader, Mark Bader, is from Brockport and his Mom is Elaine....a friend of ours.  The lead singer is off the charts, and every band member can sing! Wow! Such pros!!!
I want to save these clips so I am posting a LOT! I have 21, and will not make you listen to all of them.

It would be so fun to have this band in the barn!!!





Jenny and her best friend Jenny came to watch....just for a few minutes....and they stayed for the whole thing because the band was spectacular.  These two have been friends since they were little....and ended up being college roommates at Fredonia.  Now they live in the same neighborhood.

The Swooners will be back.  The audience loved them.
Seeing that Little Wonder and I stayed up half the night watching MSNBC reviewing the debate (which I did not see)....we need to go to bed early.

Night all.

 

4 comments:

Nancy J said...

Great entertainment, the best was the last one, in my eyes ( or ears). Friendships that last, I have one that is over 59 years, since 1954.We don't see each-other much now, 6 hours travel apart, but emails and phone calls and Facebook catch ups suffice.

Val Ewing said...

Fun ! Again, what a busy busy schedule!
Wow!

I didn't stay up to listen to the debate, I just reviewed it the next morning with highlights. Debates used to actually be somewhat interesting, these just seem like shouting matches.

lilysgrannie said...

The Swooners are fabulous and their singers are outstanding.

Sandra said...

Everyday is a busy day for you! The band is wonderful. What a treat to have them there.

That is a long friendship.