Followers

Monday, August 7, 2023

93% Humidity....Gag Me!

Yesterday it was nice and cool when I did chores....today, no way.  We had heavy rain off and on all day and finally the air changed and it cooled off just before dinner.



After chores I made a quick trip to Wegmans and it was pouring.
At 2:15 I had to go back to Brockport again for an appointment with the chiropractor.  I was very sad to see that a couple of the big fish were missing.  Especially that big yellow one.

On my way home the sky was very dramatic.



Rebel and Buddy were wet off and on but it must have felt good.



Gary spends a lot of time on the back porch reading (or napping).
I got a call this afternoon from a friend (who was my student in High School and the valedictorian when I was the Senior Class advisor...in the dark ages) and she was looking for a guitar to borrow this week.  She is helping her parents pack up to move and wants to give them some time with music.  I no longer have my guitar, but she came up and I spent half an hour teaching her how to play the baritone uke.  She caught on in a minute as the strings are like the four top strings on a guitar.  We sang several songs and I  loaned her two ukes to take back to the lake.  I'll bet (like her Aunt Sue and cousin Kristen) she ends up getting one.  So much fun!  Too bad she has to go back to Chicago on Friday.

A very simple supper.  I need to eat some blander food for a few days.....too many veggies lately and I can feel it.
Chores at 8.  So glad it cooled off.











Night all.

 

2 comments:

Sandra said...

I love love LW's little toothy smile! You are one busy person.

Val Ewing said...

Got to love that humidity, right? We have that each morning at sunrise and sometimes a bit more than that when the thick fog moves through. It seems ok though because it is usually a bit cooler in the early morning.

Dang. All that rain went north and south of our area. We are dusty again.