Followers

Monday, August 21, 2023

Taking It Easy

A beautiful day.  Not too hot or humid.

I decided to leave the masks off Rebel and Buddy today to see how they managed (around their eyes).  Rebel came inside before I had the stalls cleaned....it was a message.  Put up a couple of hay nets and turned on the fan.  Buddy, on the other hand, decided to stay out in the pasture.

I called him and said there was hay inside, but he didn't care.


After lunch a went down to Wegmans for a few things.
Then....Little Wonder and I did our thing.




I did manage to make a playlist of songs that I would like us to perform sometime, but that was it.  Gary worked on the gardens....pruning, adding mulch, and planting a few more flowers (as if we need them).


I made barbecued country ribs for dinner with carrots and onions....
a simple salad...
and outstanding corn on the cob.  The best we have had.

Tonight I went out a little earlier to tuck the boys in so it was not dark when I got back to the house.
They were ready.







The temperature is going to be in the 50s tonight and I am going to love it!!!  Mid 70s for the rest of the week.
Night all.



 

5 comments:

Nancy J said...

So hard to realise you are heading into less daylight, as we venture way into spring.

Cloudia said...

What a beautiful country meal. Little wonder is a beauty! Of course your horses have always been. Aloha friend

Val Ewing said...

Your meals look amazing, nothing at all like mine! :)
No cooking for the next couple of days here while we roast and toast!

Sandra said...

We are cooking, feels like temp of 107, dew point is 80 degrees. Absolutely miserable. I want what you have! I haven't made country style ribs in ages, I must change that. LW is cuter than the law should allow!

Dee said...

Dear Lori, reading your posting this afternoon is like coming home to a delicious home-cooked meal, an animal companion who naps with his/her human, and the beauty of the farm and its flowers and horses. I've missed all this! I hope to return to a more regular schedule of visiting the virtual friends I've made through blogging. Everything depends on Meniere's!

FYI: The high here on Sunday was 103 with a heat index of 119. Today it's just 96 air temperature and 115 heat index! Peace.