Followers

Monday, July 31, 2023

Off Duty Today

Gorgeous weather.

As soon as I finished chores, my friend Andrea came over to pick up some hay and a couple other things.  Trying to get the barn organized before it's time for my hay gets delivered.


I always have to lock the horses in the back pasture so we can load straight out of the barn, and that means driving through the front paddock.
They were ready for a drink when we were finished.
Little Wonder loves Andrea and was very happy to see her.




I did some laundry, took a shower and headed down to Hanny's for an afternoon of bridge.

Her porch overlooks a pond and it's a perfect spot for playing cards.

Hanny always has the best snacks and desserts.  We really indulged!
The cheesecake was divine.
I had to stop at Wegmans on the way home and it was after 5 when I got here.  In no mood to make the dinner I had planned so we ended up having the chicken soup I had made along with another 
cucumber /tomato salad.  Our current favorite.
Little Wonder had soup too.
Chores at 8

Cool nights are so refreshing.
Night all.





 

2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

What a beautiful place!

We will get our year's worth of hay delivered sometime this month in 2,000 lb bales that get stored in the machine shed. I let the skid steer do the stacking!

I can't believe we have to think about winter already!
:)

Sandra said...

This sounds like a very good day. That porch looks like a nice place to do anything!