Followers

Sunday, July 2, 2023

Yay! More Rain

I wanted to mow the lawn today but it was too wet.  Yesterday there was some serious tree damage in Jenny's neighborhood during the torrential storm that blew through.  A couple of neighboring houses on another street had trees that were totally uprooted.

After chores I went down to the Farm Market and bought a few things...just before dinner I made a quick trip to Aldi's for a fresh cabbage as the one I used for the stir fry did not taste right raw either. When I got back to the farm I made the beds in the sleigh bedroom as we will be having guests next week.  It was cooler outside (which makes me more ambitious) and we did not see the sun at all.

The rain has really given our flowers and veggies a boost.

Little Wonder and I grabbed a couple of naps today.

Dinner was simple.  Gary grilled a couple of burgers and I made some coleslaw.


After dinner (since I don't do evening chores until 8) LW and I took it easy for the second time.


I loved not having to wear a mask today.  Speaking of masks, I found Rebel's purple one inside the run-in in a dark corner.
They were more than happy to get into their stalls tonight.










Night all.

 

3 comments:

Val Ewing said...

Send us rain, we are having dust devils in the pasture.
:(

Sandra said...

We need rain, too. It's way too dry. Dinner looks delicious! I've only mown once this season, the grass is dormant.

Anonymous said...

We could use Rain... it's been over 100 days without any...Dawn the Bohemian