Followers

Sunday, July 16, 2023

Smoke Gets In Your Eyes

By tomorrow morning our air quality may not be so great.


Today the humidity was high until late afternoon, and now we can have the windows open.





Many people stopped up today to get the garlic they ordered.  Gary was outside most of the time and I stayed in with my feet up.  I can still see my ankles and feet, but I sure will be glad when I am not taking anymore antibiotics.  They really bug my stomach...even when I take them the with food.

I made a jar of pickled beets....yum.

The flowers Dan brought up last week are still in great shape, brightening the kitchen.

I picked more lettuce and made a salad with pickled beets, feta and candied walnuts.
Earlier I took the broth I had saved from the last roasted chicken....added some peas (already had carrots, celery and onions) and made gravy, which we put on mashed potatoes. Another simple dinner.
Evening chores at 8.  The horses were out in the pasture but as soon as they hear me they run in.











That's it.
Night all.


 

2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

We had the smoke all weekend with the heat and humidity. Yuck. But we still enjoyed the outdoors with some limitations.

Hopefully the smoke won't be awful for you.

Sandra said...

Our air quality has been poor. It seems this may be just the way it's going to be. Your flower beds are stunningly beautiful. The boys look really good.