Followers

Tuesday, July 11, 2023

The Meds And Me

The heat and humidity returned today and by this afternoon I did not feel that great.












Company today.  Mike and Jana arrived at 10:30 and her daughter, Amanda, and her husband Kent, were her by 11.  The first thing we did....a tour of the house and property.






While Gary gave the guys a veggie garden tour, I put together lunch.  Chicken salad on greens topped with poppy seed dressing.





So good.
Rhubarb cake for dessert.
At 2:30 we were having a
rehearsal....sort of a dress rehearsal before our gig tomorrow evening.





By 3:30 I was not feeling very well.  Flushed, my ankles and feet were very swollen and I believe I was reacting to my dose of BP medicine.  Ended up going in the house so I could contact my Doctor as the office closed at 5.  So far (8:48) I have not had a response.  I need to be well enough for our concert tomorrow.

I spent the rest of the afternoon with my feet up and opted out of going out to dinner with our guests.

Very disappointed, but I just don't think it would have been smart.  I cooled down and my temperature was normal.  I have the feeling that humidity was a major player in how I felt.
Our guests took charge and ordered a ton of pizza.  They took good care of all of us!



After dinner they face timed with their 3 boys who were back in Ohio with Kents parents.  We always enjoy time spent with this family.   Just wish I had not put a kibosh on the whole deal.

Chores at 8.  Fortunately it was starting to cool off.


Off duty for today.
Night all.

 

4 comments:

JanaLeigh said...

Dear friend we had the best time. I was so thrilled that the kids had the opportunity of meeting you, Gary, and Little Wonder. Thank you for allowing them the awesome opportunity to enjoy your wonderful home. Know how much we love you both and we hope you are feeling better soon. Jana

Terra said...

That looks like a great visit with your friends and I hope you continued to recover quickly so you could do your gig. It might have been the heat that affected you. Your dog's little face is so sweet.

Val Ewing said...

I sure hope that the swelling went down and you are doing better. I also hope your doctor responds quickly and can help!

Sandra said...

It's a shame this happened to you. You have wonderful people in your life. I'm hopeful you feel better today.