Followers

Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Not Too Shabby

A cool morning.  Not too much humidity and an AQI under 30.  Yay.  I just opened the windows.


Every morning my routine in the barn is the same.  I open up the door to the feed room, turn on the light and radio....then I put the lights on near the stalls and give each horse a cookie.  Next, I put out dry cat food, get out the grain buckets that were filled the night before, add beet pulp and feed.

While they are eating I clean out the feed buckets and set them up for evening chores.  Then they each get a quick brush, fly spray and I put on their masks.


Most of the time they go straight out to the pasture.



Then....I clean the stalls and set up hay for the night.  Gary empties and refills the water buckets and takes out the wheelbarrow.  This morning I finished mowing the rest of the lawn and around the pastures while Gary went down to the post office to ship out some boxes of garlic.  More people came today to pick up their orders.
My friend Hanny stopped up this afternoon and brought us some blueberries and blackberries.  We had some iced tea and a nice chat.  Hope to start playing bridge in the near future.  She went home with some garlic for herself and a friend.  Business is booming!
I had done laundry earlier and changed the sheets on the bed.  Little Wonder and I took it easy for awhile, then I started on another simple dinner.  We had leftover chicken gravy (minus chicken and full of veggies) that I served on toast and the salad had Hanny's berries, craisins, feta cheese and walnuts in it.  I love fruit in salads.



LW enjoyed his dinner topped with some gravy....and wanted more.
Chores at 8.  It may get down to the high 50s tonight.  I would love that!







Now it's getting dark and Gary is still out working in the gardens.  Earlier he did the hand mowing.
Night all.

 

3 comments:

Sue said...

How lovely and comforting is the routine of a "normal" day.

Nancy J said...

Whew, that seems to be a very full day, but green paddocks, happy ponies, and dinner, all in all together make for a good ending for your day.

Sandra said...

I agree, a very full day! I don't care for fruit in salads. I can eat it but don't do it myself. That said, I envy your salad making ability. Mine are boring. We are in drought and will be under that heat dome next week. Temperatures approaching 100F. Miserable.