Followers

Saturday, July 1, 2023

Rosa Marina Or Rice?

Muggy.  Earlier the high AQI was 167 and right now it is 47.  Feels a lot better.


After chores I did a little mowing and looked all over for Rebel's purple mask in the pastures.  No luck.  Of course it was one of the new ones.

I went over to pick some raspberries and checked out the apple tree, which has never been so loaded!  We should have quite a crop this year.



I had made chicken soup yesterday,,,thought I put rice in it, but no....it was Rosa Marina.  We had it for lunch and it was delicious.

Did three loads of wash and changed the sheets...not much else was accomplished.  Around 2pm we had an absolute downpour.

Ended up putting on some boots and grabbed my big umbrella so I could go out and close the West door to the indoor so it would not get soaked.  The horses were smart enough to be under cover.

When I approached them, they were on high alert (the umbrella).






Jen came up around 4 and helped Gary with his native garden and they moved a lot of mulch.
I was inside getting things ready for a veggie stir fry.



By the way, I will never use this kind of cabbage again.  The texture stir fried was not good.

A friend gave me an Instant Pot that I have never used and Jenny demonstrated how to use it.  I thought I was making rice!  Didn't I pick out the jar that had Rosa Marina in it?  Again!  Oh well.  We had a Chinese/Italian meal and it tasted great!
I better be more careful the next time.


Since I fell asleep watching a new series after dinner, the horses went in a little later.
Night all.

 

1 comment:

Sandra said...

We so need rain. I was green with envy watching those videos. Orzo is soup is great. I also make risotto with it. The stir fry looks good.