Followers

Thursday, June 15, 2023

Celebration Of Life - Lorna

I got up extra early so I could get chores done 
and needed time to take a shower before going to Nativity Church.  Our good friend Lorna passed away last Friday morning after a long fight with cancer and her funeral mass started at 9:30.  I have posted pictures of her before as we played bridge once a month for a very long time with Hanny and Bobby.  In addition, every Thursday at the Library.  The church was packed and people came from all over the country in support of her family.  This past week Lorna wrote her own obituary and the plans for today.  Such a strong and very brave woman.  The priest made some great comments about it and we were able to have several moments of laughter.  We sure had a lot of fun playing cards over the years.
There were so many people that we have not seen for decades!


Got home a little after 12:30 and I was mowing until 5pm.  I managed to get the outdoor arena, front paddock and all the pastures done on one tank of gas.


Buddy and Rebel would visit each area while I was mowing.

They were dining on the clover in the outdoor arena, which has almost filled in with grass.





Both of them have gorgeous coats now.





I got them new masks. They look great in purple.


I mowed once in May and this will be it for June.  Looks like once a month will be about right.

Little Wonder was on his own much of the day between the funeral and me mowing.
As soon as I got back in the house we had some down time together.
Evening chores at 8.  These two are such hunks!  That old fashioned quarter horse look.





Night all.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope Rebel's feet are better. He seemed to walking okay.

Take Care,
Kaye

Val Ewing said...

We mowed the yard once in two weeks and are going on another 2 weeks before mowing again. Our pastures are brown so I sent the mules into the valley....
at least under the trees, there seems to be spots of grazing in the shady areas.

Lori Skoog said...

Kaye. Rebel seems to be doing much better and today he did not hang back in his stall after breakfast.