Followers

Monday, June 12, 2023

At Last!


And it kept raining most of the day.
Buddy went right out after breakfast....
and it took Rebel awhile to get motivated enough to join him.



I ended up putting some hay in the run-in so they would have something to do while it was pouring.
Late morning Little Wonder and I ran an errand.  He was very happy to be going for a ride.

At 2, Linda, Doug and Darryl came over for a little jam in the studio.
We played for a couple of hours and I was introduced to some songs I had never heard before.
Jamming is very different from rehearsing as we don't normally play together and we have not practiced the songs.  Very casual but I always learn something.

LW napped most of the time.

When we were finished, Linda and Darryl got out to their cars before we really got hammered.
My umbrella flipped over and was getting full of water.
I got soaked trying to grab it and brought it inside.

Dinner....grilled hot dogs with hot sauce, baked beans and coleslaw.
Cabbage, an orange pepper, crasins, carrots and the leftover pineapple I caramelized for dinner last night.  Salt, pepper, celery salt, cider vinegar, sugar and mayo.
The pineapple gave it an amazing flavor.
The horses looked like they must have spent quite a bit of time in the rain when I went out for evening chores.









I don't know about anyone else, but I think I am still messed up from that bad air index we had for several days.  Either that or allergies....my nose is plugged up.
Night all.



 

2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

We have had a lot of high pollen alerts along with the air quality alerts so it would be safe to say that the air messed you up.
Hope you do better.

We are having a nice little drizzle of rain this morning.

Sandra said...

I am so envious! We don't have any rain in the forecast. I haven't heard Abilene for a long time. I was singing along with you!