Followers

Sunday, June 25, 2023

The Carrot Cake Bonus

Muggy today and we kept getting rain threats that never happened.





After chores I went down to the Farm Market to check things out.




I bought tomatoes, zucchini and a loaf of raisin bread from Gregory's.  It was not even 9am so it was pretty quiet.


Took it easy most of the day and Gary worked in the gardens.  Around 2:30 I had a visitor who is also an art teacher.  Months ago I gave her some easels she could use in her classes and today she took home 4 more.  She currently has students who are painting on the banks of the Erie Canal and they were just right as they don't weigh a lot and are easy to transport.  I also gave her at least a dozen art books that I no longer need.  I found out about her through one of Janet's friends and am so glad I was able to meet her in person.
No plans for dinner so I ordered a thin crust cheese pizza from Wegmans.  Before leaving to pick it up I sautéed some onions and peppers to put on the top.  Also made a salad.  When I got there (Wegs) I knew something was wrong as my pizza was not ready.  Either the person who took my order did not say I wanted thin crust or the guys making pizza made one with regular crust by mistake.  Anyway, I had to wait and the manager of the area must have felt sorry for me....she let me pick out a piece of cake on the house.

A 6 dollar piece of carrot cake!  Now we have dessert!
By the time I got back to the farm, the dark clouds disappeared and the sun was out.

The gnats were terrible tonight.  If we could just get the rain.






Night all.

 

3 comments:

Cloudia said...

Feels as if I've had a beautiful day that your wonderful farm. Thank you, Skoo!

Nancy J said...

Those market goodies and cake to finish with, a grand bonus.

Sandra said...

We had rain but we have been so dry it won't matter if we don't get more. I'm really out of the loop. $6 seems like a lot for a slice of cake! That made your wait worthwhile. It's always a pleasure to give someone something they can use and you don't need anymore.