Followers

Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Advisory For The Entire State

I wore a mask this morning and just wore one tonight.  Currently the Air Quality Advisory is at 131 and it was 153 earlier.

Until this afternoon we had wind and the temperature stayed in the 60s so the horses spent time grazing.

I had set up hay nets in the run-in in case they wanted to be inside.

After a three week vacation from music....we had a rehearsal today.  Little Wonder took it easy and was there the whole time.  No drummer today.




It felt good to be making some music.



I had purchased zucchini at the Farm Market and thought it was time for a vegetarian dinner.  First I sautéed it with a big onion until it was very soft.  Put it in a buttered big pie plate, then I added a chopped tomato, some chives and a little Romano cheese,  On top of that, 6 beaten eggs.
Just before it was finished, I topped it
with some grated cheddar cheese.
Sandra, I think you and Mark would like this.  Like a quiche with no crust.
Picked some spinach and made a quick salad.
Delicious and enough leftovers for tomorrow.
The sky was overcast when I went out at 8 and you could still smell the smoke.
The gnats were outrageous.





Tomorrow is supposed to be bad too.  All of our windows are closed and we are using fans.
I hope this does not cause problems with our animals.
Night all.

5 comments:

Terra said...

I hope the fires go out soon, it is awful to be where smoke is in the air; here in California we had smoke in the air earlier this year and last year too. That is nice you have the masks for your horses to keep the gnats away.

Val Ewing said...

A horse person put up a chart regarding air quality and horse activities. Hard work shouldn't be done apparently. Bad air is dangerous for all.
We have another morning of thick 'air' and smoke.

Lori Skoog said...

Val Ewing....I posted that chart too. I feel bad enough that the horses have to breathe it at all and would not expect them to work. Ironically, there is an International Jazz Fest going on in Rochester and there are thousands of people outside. It is Thursday morning and at 9am our index is 156 and it will be hanging around for many days. I'm wearing a mask outside.

Lori Skoog said...

Terra...On the news this morning they said that the Canadian fires (over 450 today) are going to have to burn themselves out and it could take until winter. I hope we don't have to keep going through this until then. The horses wait for me to put their masks on in the morning and I have used them for decades. Can't stand it when the gnats are around me, and it must be awful when they get in the horse's ears.

Sandra said...

We would like it! I picked a couple of zucchini today but I don't have any tomatoes. We love our flavorful and easy meals. We have had air quality alerts for several days. It bothers my eyes. Your music sounds good.