Followers

Sunday, June 11, 2023

Jenny and Finn To The Rescue

Today we picked away at many things that needed to get done. 

My morning started off with Rebel not wanting to go outside (3rd day) after breakfast.  This time Buddy joined him and I cleaned both stalls before they let me get them out.  Perhaps it is because Rebel had sore feet after his trim.  Ironically, he manages to get around to every pasture and seems to be walking better.










Since we have not been having rain, Gary starts off his mornings watering all the plants he put in.
While he was doing that, I was picking the indoor....another favorite toilet for the ponies.  More poppies have started blooming.  We have never had this color before.
I had another little burst of energy and worked on two bedrooms upstairs.  We have company coming in about 10 days....My long lost cousin, David, and his wife Leslie.  I have not seen him in over 60 years!  He and my brother have stayed in touch and somehow we reconnected through his sister, who found me on FB.  He spent most of his life as a tennis pro in Florida and ironically, his wife is a horse person!!!!  Yay!  We have been communicating back and forth and I can't wait to see them.
I went to Brockport to buy a new window air conditioner for their room....just in case it gets hot.

At 2pm Jenny and Finn came up to help me clean out the old tarps and garbage that was left in the upstairs of the horse barn.  Now we can do something musical with that nice, clean space.
Once that was loaded on the truck, they dumped two bales of hay over the fence as the bees had built hives in them last year.
While we were doing all that, the ponies were locked in the run-in and they were happy to get back out.
Finn had Scott's truck and this is the first time he had to drive through the gate and in the pasture.  He did a perfect job.
We loaded up two garbage containers and put the rest on the porch so we can put it out for our next garbage pick up.






Little Wonder was loving Finn....
Just as they were leaving, Freddy C. and Colleen stopped by to get some rhubarb.

They want to make some pies.
Colleen had just worked a wedding (florist) and made us a spectacular bouquet from some of the leftover flowers.


I made a quick cheese sauce to see if I could improve upon the cauliflower casserole I made last night.  So much better.
I also wanted to use up the fresh pineapple chunks I had in the frig as they were not being eaten fast enough.  Put them in a frying pan with butter and brown sugar.  Nicely glazed.
How about these flowers???


Yum.  A weird combo, but tasted very good together.  By the way, the cauliflower was served on a piece of toast.
Went out for evening chores and we had 5 second of sprinkles....but it's pretty dark and the temperature has dropped.


Two of my favorite shots today.





Night all.


2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

I love the fact that Jenny and Finn can come over and help out. You have so much going on right now!

We had some rain today & it was all of 53 F! Great for working outside.

Love the Rhubarb Hat!

Sandra said...

Love Gary's new hat! Those flowers are amazing, you have wonderful friends. I like taking the leftovers from one meal and changing it up a bit for the next meal. Having Finn and Jenny as helpers is a real blessing. Rebel likes his late mornings in the barn!