Followers

Saturday, June 17, 2023

Yikes!

The morning started off well.






And after that things went down hill.
I had a 10:20 appointment with my Doc to check out the throbbing in my lower leg.  It's best for me to get there a few minutes early so I can relax before they take my blood pressure.  That did not happen.  Within 30 seconds I got called in and it was off the charts!  So high I was given a prescription for blood pressure meds!  That was like hitting a brick wall for me.  This year is really kicking my ass.  I also need to get an x-ray and ultrasound of my leg.  Old age!!!! On the way home I picked up my prescription and took a pill with lunch.  Then I went out to mow the lawn.


Gary's raised beds are looking very good.

Just as I was putting the lawn tractor away, Jenny and Scott showed up with our John Deeres that he brought back to life.
Tonight they are going back to Native for Jenny's birthday dinner.
I cooled it this afternoon and did not feel all that great.  Had to be anxiety and a new med.
Little Wonder kept me company.
Around 4:30 I got back in gear and took all the wilted flowers out of the bouquet on our kitchen table, and set up the leftovers in a smaller vase.
I put together dinner, but did not have the greatest appetite.
Evening chores at 8.  While I was outside I felt much better.




Tucked the ponies in and that was that.


Night all.


3 comments:

Nancy J said...

Our previous doctor said the alternative to old age is not attractive at all !!! I hope the new tablet works well. They can make you feel very tired !!! I hope tomorrow is a whole lot better.

Val Ewing said...

I had the same issue with blood pressure a year or so ago where they pressed meds on me but I asked to do a 'study' instead. I took my BP cuff into the office to have it read with theirs and I was high.
Then a week later I brought in my readings and sat quietly with a nurse. I was calm and my BP then was 105/70.

The nurse said the meds would do me more harm.
Just saying, White Coat syndrome is real. Could you run a test similar to that? I wonder.

Hopefully it all goes well now.

lilysgrannie said...

Hi, I've been on blood pressure meds for years but when I changed doctors recently she asked me to take my blood pressure at home for two weeks at the same time each day. It was much lower on these readings that in her office, thus, she didn't increase or change the dosage. You may need to work with your doctor to get the right dosage and type if this one is not agreeing with you. Be proactive!