Followers

Thursday, June 29, 2023

Vinegar....Strong Vinegar

 The Air Quality Index is 156 (8:30pm).  That does not thrill me.  This is how it looked when I went out for morning chores.




I wore a mask again.
When I got back in the house I decided that a smoothie was in order.  A whole banana, (blueberries, cherries, peaches, pineapple, mango - all frozen) with a shot of lemonade and a little oj.  Perfect.



We have to get rid of some weeds before we have our driveway paved in a couple weeks and do not want to use Round-up.  Instead we are using some very strong vinegar.  It works very quickly and should not hurt our animals.
After two weeks off, I went back to the library for an afternoon of bridge.

I stopped at the bank on my way home and when I arrived Scott and Jenny were there to pick up some primer for her garage door.  They were watching Joe Biden, who was on Nicole's show at 4.


By this afternoon, the area Gary sprayed was all brown.  We were told that when they do the prep work for the driveway, grass is no problem, but dandelions have the potential to grow right up through the pavement.  So...we are doing the best we can to get rid of them.




We had leftovers for dinner....cold.  And it was just as yummy as it was hot.  Made a fresh salad with apples, crasins and walnuts.

Chores at 8.  The gnats were outrageous.  Apparently the horses spent much of the day in the run-in as they finished off the hay nets and dropped a major load of manure!
They were very happy to go in their stalls.




Night all.

PS
The entire Grgas Family is in Croatia for a family reunion.  12 of them!
They are having such a good time at the home of Vedrana and Arsen (grandparents, who have a beautiful home there).  Life is good.....




No comments: