Followers

Monday, June 1, 2009

RIGHT NOW I AM FREEZIN!

In the 40s again!  Beautiful sky tho.....
I went out a little later this morning, but still finished the chores in good time.  Afterwards I mulched all the hay in the paddocks and under the shed roof.  It serves as a great cushion.


When I got in the house I started working on an invitation for my friend Andrea.   It is the 2nd Annual Garden Party at Glen Darach Farm and is mainly attended by carriage drivers who show up in driving apparel.  They have the opportunity to buy hats and other accessories they need for showing...and many of them bring things to sell.  There is a huge luncheon (pot luck) and people bring their own table settings...Because of the weather, last year it was held in the indoor arena...this year it may really be held in the gardens.
Gucci and Phoebe rode with me as I did several errands.  I ended up at Country Max and bought 15 bags of pellets (for bedding) that had to be put in the back seat of my PT Cruiser....both dogs had to sit in the front seat.  We also delivered invitation samples to Glen Darach Farm and picked up a few things at Wegmans.
Got home in time to do evening chores a little early, as we had to go into Rochester for a Chorus rehearsal.
Set everything up and gave Jenny a call so she could put the horses in if the weather changed
while we were gone.  I thought it would rain starting this afternoon.
The yellow Rose-a-thon is in full swing.  Tons of buds.
Gucci is ready to go through the kitchen door so she can run out the back door and chase chipmunks.

At 5:30 we left for Rochester.  This is the Hochstein School...MUSIC.
The building has been totally renovated and houses one of the most beautiful auditoriums I have ever seen.
What a place to rehearse!
Stained glass on every wall, with dramatic stairways and a perfect stage.
When we finished, we drove over to Hogans Hideaway for dinner.
Great atmosphere and an outstanding menu.

The decorations are very eclectic.

How's that for a sign?

Now we are back home...Gary is asleep in his chair and the dogs and I are going to go out and put the horses in for the night.

8 comments:

BroomJockey said...

Hi Lori, is the carriage thing at Andrea's by invitation only? Do you have to belong to Northampton or one of the other driving clubs? I saw you mention hats. I have a whole closet full. I collect them. I miss Sibley's and McCurdy's downtown as that was where I got the BEST hats in the whole world.
I have never been in Hochstein's and appreciate the pictures. Wow, what a beautiful place!!! And I would love to be able to sing on that stage with that beautiful piano (more than likely a Steinway, am I right?). Yes, I sing and play the piano. Some day, I would like to sing with a big band just once before my life is over(my son used to play sax in the Brockport Band and I wanted to sing with them, then he quit). I sang at Holy Ghost Church in Gates with the folk choir for years and I sang twice at the Theater on the Ridge as the soloist. I used to sing to my thoroughbred Gnosis when she would get tense on the trails. Her favorite song was Patsy Cline's "Crazy" go figure.
I bet you're going to be happy when Country Max is right down the road from you. It's going to make it inconvenient for me however. The only thing I buy from them anymore is wood pellets and wormers. I found an organic grain that my horses ABSOLUTELY love and they are benefiting from it in so many ways so I no longer need Country Max for grain.
Please let me know about Andrea's and I apologize if I am bugging you. But I am a faithful blog follower and check out your wonderful pictures every day.
Thanks, Cindy

Gayle said...

What kind of pellets are they that you use for bedding? Is this in place of straw? I learn so much from you....

Glad you had such a great singing experience...

And dinner..you do enjoy the nicest restaurants. I guess that is what I get to look forward to when the kids are all grown.

Gayle said...

What kind of pellets are they that you use for bedding? Is this in place of straw? I learn so much from you....

Glad you had such a great singing experience...

And dinner..you do enjoy the nicest restaurants. I guess that is what I get to look forward to when the kids are all grown.

Lisa & Gerald said...

Hi Lori
Its been very chilly here to the last few days and some wind too.. Your photos are so beautiful...

Grey Horse Matters said...

Wow, you sure have busy days. I have a PT Cruiser too and can bet that back seat was crowded with all those bags. Loved your pictures and the roses look lovely.

San said...

Great pictures. Love the hippy entrance sign!

We've had an unusual cool snap too. What's up with the weather these days?

Unknown said...

Hi Lori. Ref your wild yellow roses, see my blog for Thursday.
Regards MIke.

Bob Lehman said...

Thanks for mentioning and shopping at Countrymax. Check out our new website Launch at www.CountryMax.com Thanks again
The CountryMax Team