Followers

Saturday, April 1, 2023

The Hunt For A Cubano Sandwich

Another unusual day.  Almost 50 degrees when I got up this morning.  Rebel and Seamus were happy to be naked.







Once again we had very high winds, lots of water and plenty of mud.

Janet helped me clean and move the water trough from it's winter location (so we can have a heater switch) to it's usual spot under the shed roof and close to the barn hydrant.
Seeing that it's supposed to go down to the 20s tonight, I will need to get them some warm water in the morning.




The temperature went up to the low 60s and we had storm warnings for late afternoon.

Finally....the crocuses.  And wouldn't you know it's going to be very cold tonight.





Gary is back to taking our compost to the manure pile and he did a little walking this afternoon.
I pulled out most of the bamboo by the driveway and started picking the pastures.  Sunshine is a major energizer for me.
By 4pm it was starting to pour and the wind was still crazy so I put the ponies inside.
They were soaked.



I went back out to give them their grain and once again the sun was brilliant.


In the meantime, Gary and I were watching "Cook's Country" on PBS and they were making Cubans.  We were drooling by the end of the show as there was a restaurant near my house on Chautauqua Lake (where I grew up) called the Triangle, and I have yet to find a Cuban that is as good is theirs.  Anyway, we went down to 58 Main (5:30 - early) and the place was packed with a 25 minute waiting period. Did not want to wait. Next, we went to the Custom House....they used to have Cubans....but no more.  We did not want to go anywhere else so we had a sandwich there.
I love taking photos of Gary in their phone booth....so classic.




When we got back home I went back out to the barn and put some clothes on the ponies.  The temperature had already dropped 20 degrees, but the barn was still retaining some of the heat we had earlier.  The sunshine we had turned back into rain.

Night all.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Ah, mud! The local deli occasionally will have Cubans. That is a really good sandwich. You and Gary have both found the fountain of youth. Let me in on the secret!