Followers

Saturday, April 8, 2023

Mady and Jackson to the Rescue

What a gorgeous day!  Plenty of sunshine....in the 40s. 

This first photo is from last night.  The moon was so bright over the indoor.

We did have a pretty hard frost.



After morning chores I threw down about 24 bales of hay from the loft so it could be stacked in the downstairs stalls.  So much easier to get at it.  This year I am not storing any hay upstairs.  Why did it take me so long to figure this out?
Mady and Jackson arrived at 9:30 sharp and their first job was bringing in shavings from my car.

Then, they stacked about 45 bales of hay and ended by carting the rest of our brush out to the street.  Everything was done in less than an hour and I was so grateful.  Gary can't do this stuff yet and I have not been back to normal for weeks (although I have been getting in s gazillion steps).



I brought in our first daffodils and bet they will be open by morning.
I practiced playing my bass baritone uke for awhile.  It's going to take awhile for me to figure this out.




After evening chores I went upstairs in the barn and swept up all the loose hay.  The pastures are drying out.
Our friend Chet, the Breadman, dropped off a beautiful loaf of Easter bread (Raisins and orange zest).  He was going all over the area delivering to his friends.
Did not make dinner tonight.  I made a BLT sandwich and had the end of the Mac salad.  Gary is out there now making a grilled cheese and tomato sandwich.  A couple minutes ago Jenny and Coop drove by and beeped after driving home from Myrtle Beach.  14 hours.  They are going to sleep well tonight!
We have had beautiful sunsets several nights in  row.
Night all.

Hello Sandra and Val!






3 comments:

Val Ewing said...

LOL on that last one of LW.

Well, I certainly hope that the both of you get back to feeling normal by the time beautiful weather comes around.

I've been busy cutting down old weeds in one of the wooded pastures. I think today, I may just take a day off.

:)

Sandra said...

Hello gorgeous boy! Holy moly, you can sing! I guess it is called She Sings. It certainly is good to have backup when you need it. If you celebrate the holiday may it be a good one with your people.

Lori Skoog said...

Ha Ha Sandra! That's not me singing! I am playing the bass along with a recording. There all kinds of them on line so I can listening to the original song and figure it out.