Followers

Monday, April 24, 2023

A Gig On Buddy's First Day....Yikes.

I went out to the barn a little early this morning to make sure everything was still alright.  Seeing that I had to leave at 10:15 for our gig at the Chili Community Center I had to come up with the best plan to make sure the ponies were safe while I was gone.  I decided to leave them both in their stalls.  Neither are used to that but I did it anyway.  Buddy's stall is 20x20 and now Rebel has his stall and the one Seamus was in....must be least 35 feet long.  They are very spoiled.  I wanted them to be able to be next to each other so I put a hay net on each side of the wall separating them.





I took a few minutes to get some hair off Buddy.  He needs a serious grooming.
I left the radio on and went back in the house to grab a shower and get ready.
When we perform I can't take photos or videos.  We had a great time and the audience was very appreciative.  I was so happy to see Doug (used to be our bass player) and Mark G. (a chef, guitarist and friend) there.  It was an Earth Day Playlist.




I hot footed it out of there and my friend Doug gave me and all my gear a ride home so I could get those ponies outside.  First I put Buddy in the Ronin pasture/run-in and then Rebel came out and had the rest of the area.  No fuss.  No screaming.  No nothing.  Leaving them together in their stalls today seemed to be a good way for them to bond.   






Both are pretty independent and don't seem to have the need to be right next to each other.

I had to clean the stalls and reset them for dinner and then made a quick trip to Wegmans to give them more outside time.

Buddy is one smart cookie.  First I called Rebel and he went in his stall....then I opened the run-in gate and Buddy went straight over to the barn and his stall!

Hopefully these two can be together very soon.

This is what I got at Wegmans.  No energy left to make dinner,.
Night all.

2 comments:

Nancy J said...

It's looking like they will be so good together. We are following you for an easy takeaway dinner, Hugh mowed the lawn, did weed-eating first, I sewed, then on my knees hosed off the mower deck, the concrete drive, gathered the grass and spread it on the garden.
You had an extra busy day, but it looked as though the lads did well, and the gig went well too.Time to put your feet up.

Sandra said...

This is a very pleasant transition. They both look calm. I'm happy you had a good session and were appreciated. I had leftovers for dinner, seems none of us wanted to cook!