Followers

Saturday, April 22, 2023

It's All About The Rebel

Rebel was a little quieter this morning, but he was still looking around when he first went out.




After chores I got out my ukes and did a little practicing.  It's going to take awhile for my new strings to hold so it will stay in tune.
Around 10 Jenny and Scott stopped up loaded with bagels, cream cheese and a few other goodies along with todays paper.  So thoughtful.  I think they are worried about me.  After eating, Scott attacked our John Deere as it needs all kinds of help.  He is a master of all machines.
Jenny went out to give Rebel some attention...and cookies.





This afternoon I binge watched a Netflix series called The Diplomat.
After conferring with Andrea, we came up with a plan to find a pal for Rebel and if all goes right, he will arrive tomorrow.  A mutual friend is not doing well and needs a place for her quarter horse, Buddy.  If he and Rebel get along, he will stay here and she will still own him and hopefully will be able to visit. Buddy is in his 20s and at one time he was boarded at Andrea's.  Fingers crossed that it will all work out.  He's a handsome boy and is coming from a farm with nice pastures and good care.

French Toast, bacon and fresh pineapple for dinner.  Just right.  It's cooling down and raining.
Thank you once again for all the thoughtful comments about Seamus and Rebel.  Val, a goat does not work here.  Have done that before and we don't have the right kind of fencing (they get out).  Sandra....it would have been so special to have one of your horses here.  Appreciate all of the support and wish I knew who some of the anonymous commenters are.  Please leave your names sometime.

Night all.

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It made me so Happy that you may have found a friend for Rebel. He has lost too many friends of late. I had a wonderful dog named Buddy Lee so I hope with all my heart this Buddy works out for you and Rebel.
Take Care,
Kaye

Anonymous said...

My heart keeps thinking of this recent loss cause those of us who love animals know what you are feeling. I do hope you can provide a new home for Buddy. I can’t imagine how horses can cope with being moved to unfamiliar surroundings but they do I guess. Kathy

Nancy J said...

In joy and in sorrow, we blog friends unite as one, far away but so close in our hearts. Buddy, even. the name is perfect, and for an older one to be a trusted companion is so wonderful. Rebel, keep your spirits up, a new friend is on the way, and Lori, keep all your boys in your heart.

Val Ewing said...

As a kid I rode a horse named Buddy, he was awesome.

I hope things work out and Rebel gets a pal.

Sandra said...

Hurrah!! Buddy is on the way. I had a wonderful dog named Buddy, it seems the name molds the animal. I have thought of you often. It's good you daughter worries about you, you have been through a lot of heartbreak in a short time. Now I want French toast.