Followers

Tuesday, April 18, 2023

No Sun/Fewer Photos

We were down in the 30s last night and this morning the ponies needed to have their jackets on!  Right now it is still in the high 30s but the wind has made it much colder.  My hands were freezing.




After chores I attacked a closet and started filling shavings bags with stuff I am happy to part with.  As per usual we have volumes of "things" we don't need.  
At 3 I had an appointment with the massage therapist....boy do I wish we still had our hot tub.  That would be so perfect.  Between the two I think I would feel much better.
On the way home I stopped at Wegmans and when I got back to the farm Janet stopped in to check on Gary.  A couple minutes later Scott showed up with a part for our big John Deere.  Plenty to talk about.  By chore time it looked like we might get some snow...but we only had a couple of flakes.




Got Rebel and Seamus tucked in and made a very simple dinner....but just what we wanted.  Scrambled eggs, bagels and OJ.

I also got a head start on tomorrow's dinner....meatball subs.
I think we will have to build another fire.  We had one last night.
Night all


 

3 comments:

Nancy J said...

Ditto down here, Hugh is lighting the fire, Wednesday, 2 p.m.!!! The last load of firewood came at 8.30 a.m., friend stacked, and the 3 grandies all wheelbarrowed, swept and helped for 3 hours. What troopers, pay was according to their age ( the littler ones) and the degree of work they could do. Even the 6 year old was a huge help.And they all went home, with some edibles freshly cooked this morning, after tasting the goodies at " Smoko Time". Our delivery man also had Apricot slice for his smoko.We are so thankful for the help. Stoke up your fire.

Val Ewing said...

A hot tub sounds nice! Hopefully you feel better soon.
That cold is rough on the fingers.

Sandra said...

It's a rainy day here and will be tomorrow, too. A hot tub does sound good. We had frozen pizza at midnight for dinner. That's when Mark finished filing the last of the taxes. He's taking the day off, I'm seeing to that.