Followers

Friday, April 21, 2023

Rebel

A beautiful, sunny day and the Rebel looked all over for Seamus when I turned him out this morning.  So many tears.






Mid morning Janet appeared with a bag full of treats for us along with a box of Kleenex!  Rebel also got a bag of apples that will keep him busy for a couple weeks.  She is without a doubt, one of the most thoughtful and caring friends I have ever had.  We went out to spend some time with Rebel and Little Wonder was so happy to see one of his best buddies.
After she left, I drove into Stutzmans to have them put new strings on my uke.  We have a performance on Monday and it would be just my luck to have one break.  From there I went to my appointment with the chiropractor.  Yesterday I was outside for 11 hours and by last night my body knew it.
When I got back home, Little Wonder and I checked out the rhubarb (found a great cookie recipe) to see if it is starting to turn red.  By next week I should be able to pick some.


After that I picked up more sticks as the brush pickup will be done on Monday.


Gary worked on his raised beds today....
and had a load of mushroom compost delivered.

The first tulips showed up.





I tried something new with Rebel today.  This door goes to his stall and I left it open so he could go in and out at will.  I left a little hay for him and a bucket of water.  He found it and went in and out many times.  For now, it should work very well.  He was waiting for me at chore time.

He seems to be doing alright, but I would still like to find him a buddy.
Dinner was delicious.  I had frozen a couple pieces of ham and defrosted them so Gary could grill it with brown sugar and mustard.  He also grilled some pineapple slices and I made some lomain with peas, yellow peppers topped with scallions.
I really appreciate all of your caring comments regarding the loss of Seamus....it means a lot.
Night all.



 

3 comments:

Nancy J said...

Sometimes we just wish the world would stop and there is time to grieve. Tomorrow the sun will rise just the same, setting at night, and Rebel will be there waiting. Tulips, maybe that splash of colour will brighten up your garden. XXXX

Sandra said...

I hope you find Rebel a companion. I am sorry I cannot help you. Spring has sprung for you. It looks so pretty. Janet is a treasure.

Val Ewing said...

What about an older goat? My Sven who is 5 now hangs out with our pony and cries if they are separated. Lil' Richard adores the goat most of the time...except when they are playing tag. I say older goat so it would be one that knows to stay in a fence?
They can be a pain, but they can be awesome too.