Followers

Saturday, January 21, 2023

The SOUPer Bowl

This morning it was muddy enough to close off the big pastures.  Ironically, when Janet was cleaning her stall she found Ronin's shoe.









We set the horses up in Ronin's pasture and the outdoor arena so they had plenty of room and some grass.  It continues to be above freezing and should be that way for the next five days.  Janet got ahold of the farriers and they arrived around 1 to put his shoe back on.  By then (since he was running around like crazy) he lost his other shoe.  Apparently this is happening to so many of the shod horses in this area.  Their shoes are getting sucked off.  I got back in the house with just enough time to grab a shower and get down to the Rec Center
to help with the SOUPer Bowl.  
Around 160 ticket were sold....ll in advance.
By 11 o'clock people were waiting to start tasting the 15 different soups.



I was serving a Southern Potato Bisque made by the Red Bird Cafe.




This is Andrea Perry.  She is the mastermind behind this event.  Number 4.








The knitters had hats for sale....
the volunteers in the kitchen worked their butts off getting all the soup ready.

Chet Fery made 175 rolls and donated them. 
There was also a baked food sale...
and several baskets were raffled off.

Volunteers....lots and lots of volunteers.
At the end of the event, votes for the favorite soup were tallied and the winner was announced.  Home by 1:30...ready for a nap.  My buddy joined me






I forget to take my phone to the barn for evening chores and did not get any photos of the ponies.  Took a couple of the barn instead.



Night all.





 

2 comments:

Sandra said...

You live in a wonderful community. If I had a companion like LW, I'd be napping constantly.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the souper bowl pictures at the center. I missed it this year so nice I could feel a part of it looking at the pots of soup and everyone volunteering and enjoying the fundraiser. Kathy