Followers

Saturday, January 7, 2023

And So It Goes

After getting about 3 hours sleep, morning arrived too soon.  No rain.  No snow. Just grey.  After chores I made a pot of chicken soup and that was about it except for taking care of the ponies.  We had a fire going in the kitchen and I fell asleep for about half an hour....not enough.  As for the election of Kevin McCarthy....he sure does not come close to HJ, the minority leader.  I hope that there will be the opportunity to work across the aisle, or we are going to be in deep tapioca.  Last night KM thanked the former president for all his support....that spells trouble to me.  When I think about the way he and his party reacted to 1/6 it makes my stomach ache.  What are we in for?  And what has that party done for our country?  I want to see a list.....for the past 6 years.  What did they support and what did they vote down?  I sure hope the chatter about reducing Social Security is not going to happen.  Working together would be so refreshing.  I'm so glad Nancy P. is still there.












Jenny and Scott stopped up and we had dessert before dinner.
Evening chores....




This is our command central....the feed room.


It works for us.


Night all.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seems politics has no common sense. They keep their pensions but want to reduce social security on those who worked. I don’t seem them getting anything accomplished as they had no agenda to work eagerly on so they will play nasty and keep squawking inflation when they can’t come up with any solutions. Kathy

Sandra said...

They won't be able to touch Social Security this next 2 years, but if they get complete control I think they will. It's been the goal for the Republican Party since SS was started. I would be ashamed if I were Kevin McCarthy. Groveling in public like he did is humiliating.

Soup and pie, Yum! I love your beautiful old barn.