Followers

Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Not Again!

Just around freezing all day long with grey skies and some wind.

Could not believe that Ronin lost another shoe.  Janet found it in his stall.  It must be all that mud sucking.  Such a mess.






Gary was busy most of the day.  Yoga, lunch with the guys and then a 2pm meeting.  I, on the other hand....did a little laundry, investigated a couple bass ukuleles at Burnunzios, watched some tutorials to see if it is even something I can do.  I miss having a bass in our band.  Today we were invited to play at the local Community Center and I hope we can do that.
On Monday we are supposed to play at the Chili Community Center and we found out yesterday that one of our band members tested positive for Covid.  So, no more rehearsals in preparation.  We will do a major warm up there.  Hopefully it will all work out.
By noon I had a nice fire going in the kitchen.
You know what that means.
I decided to take apart the remaining chicken (the one I roasted on Sunday) and made some chicken salad for tomorrow's lunch and chicken in gravy to go on some mashed potatoes.  Instead of using my usual chicken stock, I used all the celery, onions and carrots that were underneath the roasted chicken to make the gravy.  A little chunky, but there was enough stock there to make it very smooth.
Chores at 5.




Real comfort food.
Night all.

 

2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

I suppose his hoof walls are soft from all the moisture and are dropping the shoes.

I don't know enough about shoes, we rarely have had ours shod.

Sandra said...

I know Ronin has hoof problems but Janet must sometimes just want to let him go unshod sometimes. If you had snow cover could he be unshod?

That was a good use of the veg the chicken roasted on.