Followers

Friday, January 13, 2023

Houdini

Today we woke up to about an inch of wet snow.  31 degrees and quiet.



















After chores I took it easy, had lunch and ran an errand.  I was on the hunt for a ledger.  Have kept one since we got married and the book store no longer carries them.  I could not find one locally and ended up with a blank book with a hard cover.  That will do.

I had a major surprise when Little Wonder and I went out for evening chores.  Seamus did not have his blanket on!  We looked all over the place and I finally found it in the outdoor arena hanging on the fence.  How he did this, I will never know.  The front is closed with very thick velcro, it has two belly straps and he even had on leg straps.  I imagine that somehow the velcro came open (was it pulled open by one of the horses?) but after that he had to put some serious effort into getting it off.



The blanket had ice on it, so he wore his sheet for the night.  His blanket needs to thaw out.





Got them all tucked in and headed to the house for dinner.  Pancakes and sausage.  So perfect for a snowy night.
Night all.

 

2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

He may not like blankets! But I'd like to know how he hung it on the fence.

Sandra said...

The snow looks pretty. Seamus! If any pony could do it, it would be Seamus. Why don't I make pancakes?